Museum Hours
Winter
 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
 Saturday, Sunday

Summer
Memorial Day Weekend
to Mid-October
 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
 7 Days A Week

Admission
$8 Adult
$6 Military
12 & Under Free with purchase of Adult or Military Admission

Cripple Creek
District Museum
5th & Bennett Ave.,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
719-689-9540


Major Sponsors



AAbout The Cripple Creek District Museum


The Museum Complex Contains 5 Historic Buildings

The historic campus of the Cripple Creek District Museum includes the Midland Terminal Railway Depot. This train depot operated from 1895 to 1949 and received an average of ten passenger trains daily. In 1953 this historic structure became the centerpiece of our Museum.

The Colorado Trading & Transfer was built in 1893 by business owner Albert Carlton. He started selling coal, but also moved freight within the district including gold ore. This building is the oldest wooden commercial structure in Cripple Creek and survived the fires of 1896.

The Assay Office was a former garage built in the early 1900’s and moved to the Museum grounds over 40 years ago. It has been converted to represent a working assay office where miners brought their ore to assess its gold value.

Two Miners Cabins built in 1892 & 1900. Prostitute French Blanche once lived in one of the cabins. She served miners on Cripple Creeks notorious Myers Avenue.